-----Original Message-----
From: James Bucknell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org <313@hyperreal.org>
Date: Wednesday, 5 April 2000 1:13
Subject: Re: SV: (313) track id

>also, the advent did two remixes of 'no way back'. they sound great at -8.

there were lots of remakes on it,right from the start,Adonis himself
did it back in 89("Adonis mix it properly" on the uk compilation
"trax house masters"(blatant) ,he throws bits of Jack your body &
your only friend ,too  .
another good one was by Denise Motto - doing it properly is Xtc
on chicago's Playhouse records , Which uses her I>M>N>XTC
instead of the adonis lyrics
most succesful were Civilles&Cole as "2 puerto ricans a blackmen
and a dominican - do it properly" esp the "chop it properly" mix
on the b-side with the phuture like vocals.
my favourite one was out of belguim by Stabbed called"theme from
chicago" on MG records . This is what they made the Kilabite 2
record out of(Lenny D used it on one of his Nu Groove rekids too)
there were more but i think these are the most important ones

>they're on the trax uk (1998) double pack of remixes with the black cover.
it

yeah it came out as a 12" originaly (trx uk 002) with 2 mixes

>basement jaxx remixes adonis' 'we're rocking down the house'--which are
shit.

while it has'nt much to do with the original(other then the vocal
sample) i think it's worthwhile for the bit in the begining were
Adonis leaves a message on the BJ guys answering machine, asking
"hey this is Adonis ,whats up with my remix?"

>and a slamming felix da housecat remix of phuture's 'your only friend.'

just for a diffrent opinion
the worst remix of a chicago classic ever(yes worst then Cj Bolands-
Phuture will survive) This should have never been put out.(and i
never should have bought this,it is realy bad,esp being Felix)
Clemens Neufeld did a great remix on that(i think it the second
rekid on Fon , the only one with a red label)