As Dan pointed out earlier The Rough Guide To Techno is out at the end of
this month. A big thanks to everyone on the 313 list who helped out in some
shape or form.

And apologies to all - the delay is entirely my fault, but I thought you'd
want
it as perfect as I could make it. Apologies particularly to Oliver ­ due to
space constraints he was one of the artists that had to be passed over this
time around.  Maybe when the time comes for the
second edition ...

As some of you may know, Dan Sicko has made some significant contributions
along with Dom Phillips (former editor of Mixmag here in the UK); Martin
James (who did the definitive book on The Prodigy); Peter McIntyre (a great
writer and big supporter of the classic mid-period Lowlands sound); John
Burgess (editor of Jockey Slut here in the UK); Jonas Stone (tireless
evangelist for the minimal sound over here); Sherman (former editor of
Melody Maker's dance section) and Tony Marcus (still one of dance music's
most inspired writers). And, ah well, for all the rest you have to put up
with me.

I never read either of the other two books in this series, and I'm at a loss
as to why Armando didn't make it in to a book on house and - ulp! -
Faithless did. But in this one you'll find everyone from Final Cut to UR,
The Connection Machine and Thomas Barnett.

Anyway, as you may have guessed, TRGTT is an ongoing project. I'm
commissioned for another two editions and feedback from everyone on the list
regarding what or who they'd like to see in the second edition will be
welcomed with open arms. In the meantime I'll look forward to seeing what
you make of the first edition.

Best wishes

Tim