SWANK is a no bullshit, show up, listen to good music, drink beer, sunday night
gig. it is
starting 4.30.00 at the Token Lounge in Westland at the corner of Joy Rd and
Middlebelt. In case you were wondering, Quiet Riot played at this venue a
couple of months back. I scoped out the place a few times when the owner came
to me and wanted me to do this night. it is actually pretty cool inside with
two rooms for me to book dj's. it actually has pretty decent potential for
those of us that can't make it to Tonic on sundays to see TP play. I am
basically booking local dj's and that's it.  the goal for the night is for
people top show up, relax and have some fun. in the main room there is going
to be house and techno, of course. the second room is basically the "whatever
the hell i want" room. mainly i will be booking hip-hop, dancehall, and drum
and bass dj's for that room. it has a pool table a couple dart boards and
Golden Tee '99 golf game there. so if you don't really feel like dancing,
there are other things to do.

  the cost to get in is as follows: Ladies get in for FREE!, for everyone
else it is $7. if you are over 21 though you will receive a FREE drink ticket
worth $4. so technically you only pay $3. if you are under 21 it is just $7.
i am trying to get those prices down, but it is not entirely up to me.

the lineup for the first five weeks are:

4.30.00
Michael Geiger in the main room
JB (hip-hop) second room
Kruse Kontrol (d&b) second room

5.7.00
Mike Huckaby
Junior Warner (dancehall) second room

5.14.00
Keith Kemp
Ronin (d&b) second room
Dj Heavy (hip-hop) second room

5.21.00
Eric Hinchman
Mark EP (hip-hop) second room
Matt Clarke (d&b)

5.28.00
Keith Worthy
G-Swing (hip-hop) second room*
Len Swan (hip-hop) second room*

     * Due to scheduling conflicts G-Swing and Len Swan may or may not be
there. After i submitted the info for the flyer, they notified me that they
might no be able to make it. they have something booked that they are trying to
get out of. they might not be able to, though.
    *if they can't make it i am going to have HOUSE SHOES come in and play. if
Swing and Swan cannot make it they will be there the next week. i will keep you
guys posted on the developement of that situation.

thank you for your time

-craig gonzalez-