From: MikeD [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2000 9:54 AM
To: Jason Stanley Birchmeier
Cc: detroit
Subject: Re: (313) Richie Hawtin: PKamb: Minus

Jason

I had heard rumors of this track going around and 2 magical mp3s popped up
on my hard drive last week. rumors rumors rumors (maybe these are like the
mystical aphex.twin mp3s that appeared also)

The first is named: PK     It's a hard driving throbbing minimal track not
like what he has been spinning lately (at least in iowa and milwaukee).
Very gritty and driving, more along the lines of his +8 material.
Definatly not M_nus-Orange. (Time: 10.07)

The second is named: PKamb    It's very similar to "PK" without the
driving bassline.   It's still very driving in the gritty tones that were
produced. (Time: 3.11)

Whether these are Hawtin or not or a M_nus release is all up in the
air.....As I said, they magically appeared on my hard drive...within a
folder called: Mnus2  No info, no nuthin.

Anyway, just my thoughts on these two tracks....if they are pressed, I'll
go pick up my copy ASAP.

-mike

> I was just checking out the Temple Records website (a great little shop in
> NYC that no one ever seems to mention).
>
> They have this listing:
> Richie Hawtin-PKamb [Minus] $6.98 evoloving minimal acid pulse number. I
> only got 5 of these so get em now!!!!
>
> This is new to me.  I was just out at Record Time this past weekend and
> saw no trace of this nor have I heard anything about it.
>
> Anyone know the story?
>
> Usually anything Mr. Hawtin does is worth picking up so I'm curious and
> wondering if this is a limited deal or what.

This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information
intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it
is addressed and may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of this
information may be subject to legal restriction or sanction.  Please
notify the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any unintended
recipients and delete the original message without making any copies.