Peter T. Bense wrote:

Odd request here.

Mr. Duke?.... TP....  Alan... and anyone else who might have had personal
contact with Kelli Hand... I need some input on her.

I've found very limited information on the web.  Nothing even seems to
indicate how old she is -- there isn't a good biography of her anywhere,
either.  I have no clue what her musical background is or who it was [aside
from a mention of Jeff Mills helping her start her label] who assisted her
in establishing Acacia.

-Don't know if this helps but there was an interview in Generator-magazine couple of years ago ('96/'97?), which explained those issues and a had little biography; how she got interested in the music and so on... And how she eventually left Detroit because of the attitude other (male)producers gave toward her. Acacia was first named UK House records but eventually name was chanced after two releases (I think?). Both were by Etat Solide (K. Hand). Fine releases both of them.

Proffit