Had a blinding time at Radius in Cardiff on Friday - probably our busiest
and best night so far. We finally managed to entice Andrew Weatherall and
Keith Tenniswood (2 Lone Swordsmen) to Wales and they didn't disappoint...

Raeph played the first hour and warmed up with a very eclectic set taking in
everything from Mustang, Seiji and Ian O'Brien to Maurizio's M4, Kerri
Chandler's 'Atmosphere' and Derrick Carter's mix of Marcus Nikolai's
'Bushes' on Classic. I followed with some tough deep house including some
old classics from Chez & Trent, Schatrax and Joshua. Keith Tenniswood
stepped up at midnight as the dancefloor was grooving nicely, and proceeded
to rock the place stupid with two hours of pure electro funk. A serious dose
of UR (Electronic Warfare, The Swarm, Hi-Tech Funk etc etc), Kraftwerk
(great cut-up with two copies of Expo 2000), Anthony Rother and co went down
like a storm with the crowd, leaving Weatherall to finish things off. He
kicked off with an hour of deep, dubbed out electronic house including
plenty of Perlon, Playhouse, Kompakt etc plus loads of things I'd never
heard before, gradually increasing the tempo and intensity until by 3AM the
whole floor was rocking to tough, funky techno. Things finished off with the
ubiquitous 'Groove La Chord' and 'Jaguar', to an amazing reaction - these
two tunes are surely the defining dancefloor techno anthems of the turn of
the millenium...

Overall an inspiring night which proved that uncompromising underground
electronic music is stronger than ever, and that good music and open minds
make for an awesome party...

Next time we have Tyler T-Bone Stadius coming over from Canada, and another
special guest to be confirmed...

Cheers,

Tom