>From what I've heard:

Deep Chord is a pair of Detroit-area producers, though they're not
*in* Detroit proper. The web site backs that up, since it gives 2
e-mail addresses in the "Contact Us" section.

I've heard that the two are both very influenced by the Basic Channel
sound, as is pretty evident from the Deep Chord records. Also, I think
one of them used to be affiliated with Silent Records, though I
haven't met either of the two people involved.

Hope this helps a little,

Bill / dj marathon