> same era, and a Space DJz one.  Does anybody have any info on the history of
> this catalog?  If you ever see any of these, buy on sight!  4 real!!
wasn't Infonet associated with Creation, like their dance label?

> What does anybody think of Bandulu's current stuff?  I'm still buying it..
> it's
> still mental but is missing a bit of the soul, in my opinion.  What about the
> releases on Embryo?  Uncompromising....  I think the same peeps R involved.
i completely agree. bandulu's material from the past three years or so
have really been lacking in the funk dept. their earlier stuff was much
more dubby, deep detroit influenced. "presence" still works for me,
they had some wicked percussion on their tracks-original sounding. the
space djz first two(?) eps were slamming and Infonet also had an ep by
the mysterious koh tao that had some smooth, jazzy tracks and fucked up
dub echo. i'm definetly not finding anything like that from those guys
anymore, it's all a little too banging for me.

as for embryo, isn't that label run by Stu Grant? i remember talking
to Dave Clarke a couple years ago and he mentioned his name and said,"you've
wouldn't have heard of him." now that i think about it i don't
think anyone else has brought his name up at all. so when you say
"uncompomprimising" i'm guessing you mean "hard as nails," right?

--
Kuri Kondrak
Resonance Magazine

  • C.C./Bandulu Steven T Lammers