The stated act was a private members bill introduced by a member of the
opposition.  It will undoubtably be voted down, and then the government
will put forward their own (probably more draconian) bill.

The city government here in Toronto has already forbidden "raves" on city
property.  This provides the public relations framework for them to act in
an aggressive fashion against other events.