Is there a gear mailing list on the web for techno/house junkies? Most that I
have seen are in a posting format on websites and seem to be for jungle or
hip-hop musicians. By the way, nothing works quite like an 8-0-8.
But, there is the "production tools cd-rom for MPC that gives you every
imagined drum sound in every tone--no real time trweaking however."
Check out rebirth a software synth, or a good outboard module and jack in the
"FATBOY" midi unit for real time tuning of every parameter...a cost effective
and reliable alternative.
One of my favorite 808 tracks...Marvin Gaye "sexual healing"