[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 5/17/00 4:15:00 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> << >From: "Rhythm Droid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], 313@hyperreal.org, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: [313] OT: TR-808/Flam
> >Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 11:37:12 PDT
> >
> >Sorry if we've gone over this, but can the Electribe-R flam? do you have to
> >fiddle with thte Scale function to do it, or what?
>
> The best thing to do would be to throw it in the agrbage and go buy an 808.
>  >>

> Such hostility ! Back in the day, all that din sync Roland x0x stuff was
> obsolete due to MIDI, that's how the Black and Latin Detroit, Chicago and NY
> guys got hold of that 1st shit so cheap (at that time our white friends were
> down with Krokus and Dokken and chanting "disco sucks" at ball games). They
> turned it into techno, house, hip-hop. So it ain't what you got it's how you
> use it. Derrick May did more with a DX-100, a 909, a cheap efx box and a
> reel-to-reel than most cats w/ full studios. Go on witcha Korg Electribe and
> rock some shit.

I totaly agree here, it seems that everyone must get the gear that
everyone else uses, and in the end what does all come down too? you
sound the same, your bare bone sound is already being done...there's so
many clueless musicians oh I have to get the TB-303 or I have to have
this machine since it's totaly based on transistors and if someone sees
me with these machine's I'll be badass. I belive in using what you have,
as a painter creates art with paint, good musicians create art out of
silence, any object can give off energy, and that energy can be
transfered into sounds.

--
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible
is music."

              --Aldous Leonard Huxley (1894-1963)
Emanuel