I think with most international DJs the promoters are asked to meet certain
requirements and they then interpret them in certain ways. The bodyguard,
obviously unnecessarily heavy-handed, was probably acting under the
promoter's instructions. You should have been warned that no cameras were
allowed, so you were in the right in that respect. That said, I know from
the promoters here that Jeff doesn't like cameras and I've seen him visibly
annoyed by them, so now even the number of media photographers are limited.
You gotta understand, it is so distracting when you're concentrating on a
mix to have flashlights go off in your face, so I can empathise. As a
punter, I don't like cameras in venues myself - the flashes can really hurt
your eyes, especially if you're tired and your eyes have adjusted to the
dark. So I do a bit of glaring myself.

Cheers