>The recent mention of _The Art Of Connecting_ has me wondering what
>Mills is thinking these days.

>The thing that confuses me is the way that tracks from one of Mills'
>releases will pop up on another..... He's a puzzling guy.

I interviewed him recently and mean to really do a reworking of it as I
wasn't happy with the way it was presented here, but I think what he is
trying to do is present his material in different contexts, according to a
theme. I always wondered why he called his albums "compilations" (eg The
Other Day) and not albums, since that is in a sense downgrading them and,
yes, that occurred to him also.

I think the theme of The Art Of Connecting is how the Internet and new
technologies have changed our perceptions of time and space, and I notice
that it has been released in territories where the techno scene is
relatively young or fresh - Australia, East Europe and, I think, Sweden. So
maybe a secondary theme is how techno connects people from different corners
of the world?

The concept behind Lifelike is that he has selected the material that he
feels best respresents his personality.

So it's the conceptual aspect that has become the criteria for track
selection.

I think there is good justification for releasing what has already come out
on vinyl on CD as, unlike the UK, in countries like Australia vinyl is very
expensive, not to mention turntables, and it's mostly DJs who buy it.

Cyclone