Couple 'o things:
1. I was told Isotope 217 and Laurent are
definitely off the bill. I do not know why. i
would like to know why jeff mills is not on the
lineup. i hope he just shows up somewhere.

2. The Orb was my real introduction to techno
music ('91's "the orb's adventure's beyond the
ultraworld") as far as taking it to another level
–– and the first time i heard it, i did not
understand why there was so much talking,
samples, spaceships, etc.., i cringe everytime i
read my cd review i wrote while working at my
college newspaper . . . but i digress.
I would cite Depeche Mode as my earliest
influence, only because it was the first band
that truly got me interested in electronic
sounds, textures, etc. in music. the mid-'80s
stuff is what i got into, though it was after the
fact.
And i went from being a pseudo-metalhead to
loving depeche mode. as one might expect, my
friends at the time didn't really understand. i
made new friends soon after...
but i also was into a lot of wax trax and related
stuff including 242, front line assembly,
ministry, meat beat manifesto (who i think is
sorely underrated), PTP, acid horse, revolting
cocks, even NIN.
hell, i always thought the KLF were pretty good
cheeky fun.
K-L-F!!! uh-huh, uh-huh.....

see ya'll this weekend.
dance til ya bleed with joy. i know i will.
timmmiP

"detroit science" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on
05/25/2000
05:12:43 PM