Next year!????
Come one people! This years event ended a few short hours ago, and already
you're trying to lay it to rest?? What ever happened to basking
in the afterglow? Surely you cant have already processed, digested and
eliminated the incredibly successful 2000 DEMF and are now going "yeah
that was
fun, but what else you got?" Talk about short attention spans! I'm still trying
to recooperate my exhausted body, and reboot my mind after having it totally
blown by the overload of emotions that rushed into me at the same time that
very first moment I stepped foot into Hart Plaza this weekend. I'm still trying
to sort out the festival in my head. My brain has yet to process all
that my
eyes took in, and you guys are moving on to *next* year???
After the very first day I was telling people "this is enough for me. the
festival could end right now, and I wouldnt be able to think of one way in
which it could have been better!" And that was after just the *first* day!!
Carl and company gave us 3 days of an event that made Detroit history, music
history, fetival history, and many, many more historically significant  points.
I was honored to have been a part of it. Hell I would've been more than happy
to have taken part only as a spectator, just to know that when I read
about it
in history books, I could say "I was there. I was was one of the million people
there that weekend"
Before we start speculation on what we'd like to see next year, I think we
should take a while to reflect on what we have this year. I doubt that
I'll get
tired of talking about this years event before next years event rolls around.
There's just *that* much say about it!

sean deason

p.s. you guys missed the big faceoff between me and Diana Potts! I
opened six
pack of whupass she wont soon be forgetting! (yeah right! Like I'd mess
with a
Jersey girl. I watch the Sopranos. I'm no fool.)