I was THERE and I wish I was there *again* more and more each day. You hate
to keep crapping on about it (especially because you know there are those
who weren't able to come), but it's like...a spiritual thing. There was a
real sense of connection between ALL kinds/ages/races of people. It was an
insanely good thing. I've been a native of the Detroit metro area all of my
life and I've often defended the city from the slagging it gets (and,
admittedly, often deserves), but I have to say that I was ~proud~ to be from
this area and consider myself blessed to be able to have something like this
in a place/time I can access. My work schedule usually puts me out of bed
near 4am, so (especially at my age :-) most of the great music which is in
my area is ironically out of my reach. I cannot thank Carl and all of the
folks who made this thing possible enough. My only regret is that I didn't
meet up with more listpeople while I was there. I see from some of the
pictures that I was looking at a few of you for 3 days without knowing who
you were. Wish there was some kind of 313 "gang sign" :-)
                                                                jeff