On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, Peter B Leidy wrote:

> Okay, I was hoping somebody would have brought this up already so that I
> wouldnt have to- but as nobody has really tackled it, and I think it needs
> some attention:
>
> Was anyone else disappointed with mr hawtins set to close the demf?

yes, I agree. I wasn't into richie's set either. He played in total 3
tracks that got my head bobbin' and they were songs that I've heard many
times...vainquer, 69 and vapourspace. I thought out of respect they would
let dmay play last. The crowd was into it nontheless, but I think richie
would have impressed me and others more if he played music with melodies
and deeper songs that were more than just 2 bar loops which he pretty much
played. Taking nothing away from richie, I've heard rich play great house
music for 3 hours with unreal acid tracks and techno by armando, mike dunn
and phuture. listen to some of those archives...people like shake, theo
parrish, buzz goree, and fannon flowers played more interesting sets.

minto