Even though I dont like Cubase VST I would like to point out that Cubase
VST does support REX files so you can edit your audio AIFF or WAV files
in Recycle and import them as REX files.
The cool thing is audio loops saved as REX files will atomaticaly sync
with Cubase.
The bigest problem I have with software sequencers like Cubase VST is
you get timming inacuracies when overdubing audio from a sound card.
Digi 001 with ProTools LE may be a better option if you have a G4 Mac
although you can only use audio suite and no outsider plug ins.