-----Original Message-----
From: Batory, Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: '313' <313@hyperreal.org>
Date: Monday, June 12, 2000 12:50 AM
Subject: RE: [313] basic channel

>Also, anyone heard the Matrix release on chain reaction? Comments?
>
>Respect
>JasonB

Have it. I'd say it's quite good. There's a really pretty house song on
there, but it's really slow (around 110bpm I think) and not really what
you'd expect from CR. The rest of the tracks fit in a little more nicely
with the rest of the CR catalog. Well worth the $6 in my mind, or $10 if
abroad. The only thing that really struck me about it was that most of the
songs sound like they were made with Roland XP-series sounds almost
exclusively, like I thought I could have made the entire EP on my XP-10. I
don't use that keyboard much anymore, but it does have a nice core of
sounds, and I thought it was interesting to hear them used to good effect in
a CR release. The pretty house track is definitely the stand-out on there in
my mind though, I just have trouble finding suitable material to mix it
with. The Microworld on Transmat worked ok once.

Tristan
PHONOPSIA<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/5102/index.htm
"FrogboyMCI" on AOL Instant Messenger