Re:
How come people on this list are so prone to flaming and personal attacks?!
Y'all don't get out enough?

I think women in particular are intimidated by these flames - I know I am.

As I was when I opened my first reply about the whole "racism in music thingy" (the offender will remain un-named and ignored until they want to discuss racism in a more controlled manner). I felt like the person on the other end was actually right in front of me. I was rather shaken for the rest of the day (I only feel this way when I'm confronted with bodily harm). Luckliy I didn't jump off this list right away. There are cool people out there. Thanks to all those who defended my position.
Flames are an ATTACK on someone...control your energy, simmer down.

FRED

I've been humiliated on this list once and it's not nice. We all have
something to offer, including you Dance Extacy. Diana is one of the most
pro-active women on this list and a very intelligent participant.

Very few want to address the sexism that exists in this culture on a
grassroots level and I really think it's time we did so. Is it just me who
walks into a record store and instantly feels uncomfortable? It's a vibe.
These kind of experiences hurt your self esteem and make you angry. I am
sure racism works in the same way. It's so arbitrary and hurtful and
frustrating and seems to make absolutely no sense.

I am no man hater, most of my best friends are male - I love men, I adore
male company and many of my male friends are in this industry - but the
culture as such is not amenable to women and many of my male friends see
that.

Peace