From: Lennox Lennox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org <313@hyperreal.org>
Date: Sunday, June 18, 2000 10:26 PM
Subject: [313] Detroit Does Suck I agree

>One thing I agree with him on for sure is that the junglist guy is a moron.
>He dosen't have a clue as to what he's talking about.
>He's a happy jungle turned detroit newbie all of a sudden. How retarded is
>that?

Way off-base guy. Vince has been DJing for about five years. When he started
out he was in to house and techno, found a love for jungle, always DJed
house and techno even when he focused on jungle, and has pretty much stopped
spinning jungle over the last year, sometimes pulling out the gems in his
collection. He has had the "junglist" email address for a few years now, so
go easy. I'm sure most people know it's a complete pain in the ass to change
your address and he isn't concerned enough with labels to worry about it.
Most people who like jungle that I know, have been very unimpressed with the
recent output, so lots of those DJs are either going back to their roots or
finding different styles to spin. I see nothing wrong with that.

As far as being a "happy jungle turned detroit newbie". That couldn't be
farther from the truth. Vince works at the Record Collector in Iowa City,
which has an incredibly diverse selection that he and fellow listmember
Scott Stone go to great lengths to acquire. Being that we're in Iowa, we
aren't usually at the top of people's "to please" lists. If he's familiar
with happy hardcore, happy jungle or whatever, it's because the Record
Collector does a great job of playing new music for their customer's even if
it isn't necesarilly what they want to hear. Vince and Scott have to listen
to an enormous quantity of crap in order to do their jobs well.

Please try to get the facts straight before you make a hasty judgement.

Tristan
PHONOPSIA<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/5102/index.htm
"FrogboyMCI" on AOL Instant Messenger