My favorite all-time music magazine quote was some years ago in
DJ Magazine (you know, the big slick one with all the stories about
how to be a wedding DJ -- but they actually have decent interviews
with people such as Carl Craig).  Anyway, they interviewed Lenny Dee
and asked him about "intelligent techno", a term some people were
using at the time.

"I don't make intelligent techno," Lenny said.  "I make stupid techno."

At least he was willing to cop to it :)

But Lenny's work at least has had some serious intent all along, and
reflects the urban reality of New York the way that Detroit techno
does for the D.

This is much more than can be said for those who compress their drums,
distort the kick, set the BPMs to 190 and press a record, hoping that
sheer physical pounding will set aside the need for entertainment or
musical insight.

OK, I've had my say on that now.  One last thing: we get trolls and
chain-yankers on 313 all the time.  But we're still here and they,
by and large, are not.

phred