Diana:
> I've been listening to a lot of downtempo records lately-more on the
> Kyotojazz/Suzuki tip. Lately, I've been taking a break from the traditional
> techno & house and have been spending alot of time with jazz,latin
> music,jungle and trip hop.I need all the downtempo I can get right now:)
>
> SO, my 313 question is this..are there any 313 producers in this realm? I am
> aware of Recloose,Jason Hogans-some of the more recent ones-but how about
> further back or ones who are less publicized?

As already mentioned, Detroit Escalator Company's 'Soundtrack 313' on Ferox
is pretty essential, one of my favourite chill-out records ever. And Shake's
Frictional releases are all superb, totally unique...

> Also, if there are any others outside of the 313 realm that are
> suggested-please let me know.

Kind-of 313 related is (de)Focus, with list-memeber CiM's long-awaited
'Reference' LP about to drop - beautiful mellow electronica from a talent
who is only beginning to flex his muscles...

I also urge everyone to check everything on Delsin, shaping up to be one of
my favourite labels in the world. The recent releases from Plasm Nesonic,
Lucky & Easy and Norken are superb, the upcoming Newworldaquarium sounded
awesome from the quick listen I managed last week (cheers Si!). And of
course there is CiM's near-legendary 8-track EP from last year...

On the jazz/latin/breakbeat tip, I could go on for hours. A few of the key
labels to look for:

Ubiquity - excellent series of Latin re-rubs from the likes of DeGiorgio,
Carl Craig and many others. Also check the P'Taah releases...

2000 Black - deep, abstract breakbeat fusion from the 4 Hero extended
family, another of my favourite labels...

Archive - slightly more D-flavoured future-classic techno, look out for the
upcoming Nubian Mindz LP and Theo Parrish EP...

People - IG Culture and friends with freestyle West London jazz fusion, look
out for the 'People Make The World Go Round' compilation as a perfect
starting point...

Other noteworthy labels: Dynamite Joint, Main Squeeze, Visions, Laws of
Motion...

Producer-wise, the people blowing my mind are Alex Attias (Mustang,
Catalyst, Beatless), Seiji, Domu, Nubian Mindz, IG Culture, Neon Phusion,
Phil Asher, Kirk DeGiorgio, Jimpster... And anything which says 'engineered
by Daz-I-Kue at the Bitasuite' should be bought on sight! :)

Hope this gives you something to go on...

Tom