On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Gwendal Cobert wrote:

> Talking about that...
> As I'm reading this, I'm thinking about Model500's first
> track from Mind & Body - excuse me if it has already been
> discussed here, but I wasn't a subscriber when it was released...
> well, to me this track is extremely interesting, feels like
> Atkins has been listening a lot to the most interesting
> "electronica /IDM" stuff, mostly Autechre, and has managed to
> completely integrate it with his previous work, and spit out
> something very interesting, perfectly balanced?

this is probably because the first track on that album was "psychosomatic"
co-written by Danny Zelonky aka Low Res who did a track that was remixed
by Juan on Metroplex called "Amuck" which originally came out on an ep
on sublime (japan) (3 mixes by Juan actually on the metroplex 12"). Danny
also co-produced the title track on the "mind and body" album.

I highly recommend Danny's stuff...check out the album he did on Plug
Research called "Approximate Loveboat" and the mille plateaux albums
"Wanton Phenomena" and "heftibag"

his music is very dissonant (in a good way) and his sound design is
unreal!

on the Juan tip...I believe he says in a recent interview that he is
working on another M500 album to be released on R&S. Anyone got any word
on this?...I just hope Juan takes it in a different direction...the R&B
influenced model 500 album was cool...but I think Juan can surprise us
again with something a little more fresh.

minto