A while ago I posted a question to the list about the merits of Cubase vs. Logic audio and vice versa. Based on the discussion, I decided to go with Cubase because it would be easier to learn. Besides, I don't really want to do anything all that advanced, just sequence wave files along with some MIDI data to run an outboard anaolg synth via a Kenton Pro 2000 MIDI to CV/Gate controller. Well, things seemed to be going pretty smoothly until I realized the MIDI output seems to be lagging a bit. That is, the timing of the notes coming out of my synth (a Roland MC202, by the way) is "off". I remember someone on the list mentioning that they had experienced a similar problem with Cubase, so that is why I decided to pose this quesiton once again. Should I just scrap Cubase and go with Logic? I have cracked copies of both. And on that note, could this be a software problem due to the crack? A friend of mine mentioned that cracks are not always that reliable, that sometimes the software does not run properly.

Also, I know this is all slightly "OT" and I was thinking about taking this discussion to "the creators" list, but I've seen posts on some of the other lists I'm on that said the creators sux? Any feedback on that?