It's so heartwarming to see there are so many like-minded people out there
doing the same thing, encountering the same problems, having the same ideas
and drives. I also have an own radio show. I've been doing radio for about 5
years now. The current show Global Warning has been running for about two
and a half years on a dance station in Ghent Belgium. You can't imagine how
hard it can be to maintain an underground show even on a dance station.
Luckily the man who runs the station (but doesn't own it) has always
supported me and protects me from the real bosses. They don't get the music
I play and don't see any value in broadcasting interviews with int.
techno-artists and stuff like that. The techno community in the region of
Ghent however is pretty happy with the show and that is what keeps me going.

I also promote artists. I drag along mix-cd's and bio's from G-Force, the
best Belgian technoproducer. I do good words for people like Alan Oldham,
TP, Anthony Rother, Justin Berkovi, etc., all people I believe in and who
diserve to get some attention. I'm in a pretty good position to do this. I
frequently do reviews on parties in Belgium and Holland and I know most of
the promotors of good parties. They are usually interested in your opinion.
Today I received a mail from a promotor in Holland. He was at the DEMF and
filmed. We met in Detroit, which is kinda strange because we only live 200km
from eachother. Today he mentioned he is going to organise parties on a more
frequent basis and was wondering if I could get him in contact with some
artists. This is the stuff I love, getting people I believe to play at a
party. There is no money in this for me whatsoever, on the contrary (I
sometimes send out mix-cd's and tapes with my own money), but the simple
fact of being able to do this and the gratitude from the artists who get
booked and promoted is more than rewarding. I hope I can expand upon this
activity in the future. And 'yes', it would be nice if there was a way of
getting paid for this in one way or another, but there are already too many
people in this bizz who are solely in it for the money. That's why we can
make a difference by not caring for the money and focussing on what it is
all about: the music and the people behind it.

I was wondering if there are listmembers out there who would like to have
one of their mixes broadcasted on my radioshow? We could also start
exchanging material like interviews and dj-mixes. What about it? Mail me on
this subject both on this adress and on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

John out