Dub records doesn't really do dub music. They are more into the IDM click and clack sounds with ambient melodies underneath. From everything I've heard it's not the super bass heavy sound typical of dub music. However, the NUMMER EEN compilation is excellent..in fact I've been listening to it for the last week nonstop, yes buy it. I've been especially drawn to Funckarama's tracks. But don't confuse dub records with having elements of dub music...it doesn't. If you are looking for dub music go for Elektrolux records (elektrolux.com) (check out Synchromatic Dubsters, Dr. Scissors, Dub Mix Convetion, Jammin Unit), Dubhead records (dubhead.dircon.co.uk), Sountern Dub records, anything by Burnt Freeman, the Bush Chemists, Aramagideon, Sly and Robbie (of course)...this is just scraping the surface of the good dub.

Fred

From: "The [Quad]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313 <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: [313] DUB I massive or minute..?
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 20:00:46 -0700

I've read several artists/releases from this label (DUB) championed on the 313... DURACEL, for one, and yet I have no knowledge of the "sounds" to be expected... Would the dub be of the spacious, minimal-type or maybe the heavy, gut-churning
kind..?
Better still-can my question be answered with a purchase of the "NUMMER EEN"
CD comp..?

Me And My Arrow,
J. E. v.F-B. B.