I would say there could be no discussion of music and philosophy without
mentioning the Futurists; probably the only school of philosophical thought
that espoused a musical form. The Futurist Symphonies of cars honking, scraping
steel and construction noise had an obvious impact on the "Industrial" music
that came 60 years later (and Industrial begat Detroit Techno: thereby staying
On Topic)

But speaking of contemporary continental philosophers, I'd say Markus Pop
probably does a more interesting and successful critique of Deluze's Nomadology
in a musical form than (for instance) DJ Spooky ever did. I don't think Pop
concerns himself with philosophical baggage in terms of making his music,
though: I think his approach is more of a process-oriented one (which in an of
itself is a Deluzean manner of creating things like "folds") but not one that's
directly referencing any philosophy.

Whatever. I want to press a button and hear a beat.

ps: every department has its own focus. The Architecture program I was a part
of years ago worked within a feminist philosophical umbrella (though not
everybody in the program subscribed to that viewpoint). It sounds odd until you
think that a society that could come up with sayings like "a woman's place is
in the home" must use sexuality as some kind of determining factor in
architectural forms and identities.