Dow (house) and Utensil (techno) were
started by Claude Young and David Whiteside.
(I've often wondered if DOW are David Whiteside's
initials). Whiteside was the ENDOW release that
came out last summer on DOW. Most other stuff
before that was from Walt Jones. Anyway, in a
VERY strange coincidence, guess what shirt I'm
wearing as I type this? A Utensil Records T-shirt.
Weird, eh? It gets tons of comments because
the letters in the logo itself are fashioned out of
utensils. Andrew Duke :)

it was always my underestanding that Utensil was started by Claude and
Terrence Dixon, and that shortly after it's beginning, claude left the
label and it was in terrence dixon's hands.