I live in chicago, and, unfortunately, all they play in this area is Deep house. And by deep house, I mean, CZR, IHR, Rick Garcia, Sneak, and al those "great" house trax. And this is house dj's both big and small(i.e. Bad Boy Bill, Paul Johnson, Mark alamaria, Paul Anthony, and so on.)

Dennis

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "FRED MCMURRY" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] Rick Wade/the deep end
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:29:38 -0400

I've had similar experiences with house music DJs both big and small. One
of
the only guys I've heard put deepness into a house set was Josh Wink. My
experience is that, generally in the US, people feel that the real deep
stuff is for late night sets from 4 to 6am for smaller crowds and sofa
listening. Everybody wants to "pump up the crowd", as Norman Cook told me
once "Play Up, Up, Up".
Apparently in Finland deep emotinal house (ie Svek, P Town Sounds, Pagan,
Plastic City, etc) is what's played in all the house clubs. Anyone from
Finland or somewhere where the deep sound rules the floor? Care to tell us
about it?

they play deep house in washington dc and baltimore... BIG time... and i
certainly wouldn't call svek and plastic city deep house... i'm talking
about yellorange, dancetrax, 95 north, etc...

later...