Totally off topic but...Patrice Rushen rules.  I got the greatest
hits CD from Amazon, and despite some dated sounds (Seinfeld has
spoiled slap bass forever) it's the best example (besides Joan
Armatrading) of a sister doing it all -- writing, playing keyboards,
arranging, and singing.  Listen to this record and you'll realize
that Janet Jackson is Patrice Rushen lite.

"Haven't you heard" (which I've been caning at every opportunity) has
everything -- cool vocals, funky disco beat, and a totally unconventional
chorus. And the strings on the intro are killer.

Worth seeking out on vinyl though -- the CD mastering on this is
super brittle sounding on the high end -- if you ever wanted to hear
what the audiophiles are whining about this CD takes the cake.
Thank god for graphic EQ -- take everything above 8k down 3db and
crank it.

kent williams -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mp3.com/chaircrusher -- tunes
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?autostart=chaircrusher -- mix