Anyone else out there heard a promo of the soon-to-be-released full-length
album by Mr. De, DJ Assault's former collaborator?

It's a pretty interesting listen.  I was expecting more "Ass n
Titties"-style booty, but there is little of that to be found here.  It's
mostly a bunch of synth-driven funk tracks that sound more like "Erotic
City" by Prince (or maybe even late Parliament) than anything
techno-related.  Sure, there are a few instrumental electro tracks and a
handful of porno 2 Live Crew-style tracks, but this album is all over the
place.

Initially, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of ghettotech material (I
confess my perverse attraction to this stuff).  After a complete listen, I
then began to accept the fact that Mr. De is flexing his production muscle.
Seems like he doesn't want to pigeonholed as a booty producer.  Anyone
looking for intelligent or progressive sounds should probably look
elsewhere.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard this stuff.  I'm still a little
unsure what to think about it.  It's unlike anything current that I've
heard.  Actually seems more retro than anything.

JsB