If I know this list at all, I know a number of you are already hip to this,
but never having seen mention of it on this list,  I'll do the honors.

Essential Mix
Francois K
2000 London Records
(2cd import)

Find it.

Maurizio, Jephte Gillaume, Tower of Power(!), JB, George Benson, Kyoto
Jazz Massive, Kerri Chandler, PAPERCLIP PEOPLE, Kraftwerk, De La Soul(!!:)!!),
Jazzanova, St. Germain, Exodus (the source of the Eddie Amador "House Mix" riff
discussed a bit back)  King Tubby(!!!!!!!!!!!!), and others (Sorry about all
the parentheses and exclamation points!!!!!).

2 discs representing K's take on the last 25 years of New York Dance Music.

These days, I can't help but occassionally feeling like things (dance music
wise) are getting a little stale.  Signal to noise status bleak.
Francois K., message heard loud and clear.  10-4 good buddy.

Long Live Dance Music.

Higginson for President. ;)

J.

--