In a message dated 09/08/00 22:26:05 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> to say that Detroit is in a slump or
>  "letting people down" etc...etc.. is not only an insult to those
>  African/American artists whose music changed the world, but also slaps
them
> in
>  the face by now saying the white artist from overseas are now better!

If you are trying to avoid racism, then why make this statement?  Why would
it be an insult and a slap in the face to african american artists if a white
artist from overseas is supposedly better than them?  Not only are you making
it black vs. white, but your making it America vs. Europe as well!  Sounds
like a big load of crap if you ask me...

Aaron