JARED WILSON wrote:

Yes, The "innovators'" music is good and important, but they are >producers just like everyone else and are not "gods". What I mean by >that is just because they touch something does not mean it turns to >gold.

It certainly doesn't. I can think of couple records that are not good even if they have the maestros performing tricks on them. How about:

Liaz -"House sensation" Magic Juan RMXS 12"(10 records) -Annoying sounds, sounds like the mixing was all f**ked up...

One on one -"????" (10 records) -This one's title I don't remember, it was "Boy..." -something. Has potential soundwise, but the track doesn't hold itself... Also a Saunderson RMX there, doesn's save it though...

Wee papa girls -"????" Kevin Saunderson RMX -Again I don't bother with the title. I remember this one had some awful 303 (???), somekind of acid-attempt tried.

Sure there are others, gotta check my crates if I find more hidden "treasures" ;)

Proffit

PS. One funny curiosity when we talk about RMXs: Anyone heard the
DJ International RMXs of Pet shop boys' version of "It's alright"? Tyree and Fast Eddie did some 909 work on that track, which of course, was originally Stering Void's track on DJ International. Nothing special, interesting though.