I would disagree with this post. "Techno Rebels" tries to write "a history" of techno. I would agree that at points Kodwo does drift into a poetic phase, but "More Brilliant..." achieve what no other book on electronic music has done, to try and translate the perception of music into words. it is an extremely theoretical read.

In the end I guess we will have to agree to disagree, I am glad that someone other than myself has read both books and can give a coherently process the information and not just regurgitate it.

I would suggest that if you are interested in learning some history of techno check out "Techno Rebels", but if you are more interested in theory than check out "More Brilliant than the Sun".

P.s. the tactics in the other book you mentioned about postmodernism are just modernist arguments against postmodernism. I would rather talk in person about this than in lengthy threads:]

Thank you for the info

Jared Wilson
F.T.M. Records