        From:   Mike Taylor [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent:   zaterdag 12 augustus 2000 22:57
        To:     '313'
        Subject:        [313] landcrusing

        Hello,

        I just recieved this review from the S://kimo mailing list, I
thought
        fellow list members would be interested. Also, I have not heard this
        release, is it essential? I have heard mixed reviews and I would
like a
        few more opinions.

        "CRAIG, CARL: Landcruising CD (BLANCO Y NEGRO/WEA) $17.25
        Now available as a mid-line reissue, this is Carl Craig's debut full
        length album, originally issued on the now-doomed UK WEA-associated
        Blanco Y Negro label in 1995. A concentrated, fully developed album
        (not a collection of previously released singles), Craig went all
out
        to record one of the classic, defining records of Detroit-originated
        electronic music. A controversial record upon release (obvious
guitar
        textures can be heard sampled; the overall sound is much more
        luxurious and sophisticated than usually expected from Detroit
techno
        productions; it didn't contain any of Carl's numerous popular tracks
        under prior alias'; and, it was released on a label of dubious
        credibility w/ major label distribution), it is full of epic tracks
        and is a crucial document in Craig's career overview.. It has never
        been distributed in any proper sense in the US and remains largely
        unheard by Craig followers who are much more familiar with his
Planet
        E/SSR output. Ripe for rediscovery."

        Take care,
        MT

        NP : All the Pretty Things : Involve 05 : beautiful...

        --
         Michael Taylor : [EMAIL PROTECTED]