From: tyler durden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 05:38:37 -0400
To: <313>
Subject: truther than strange!

okay so i find this Vicious Pink website (no. thats not the weird part!) and
theres a where are they now link to a band called Drug Free America (DFA)
and I find this amazing piece of information:

Steve Dixon - Vocals
Hayley Windsor - Vocals
Brian Moss - Programming

Formed in 1987, DFA have steadily worked underground both in the UK and
Europe and are now signed to DREAMTIME. Their four singles and two albums
have all charted in the NME national independent charts and press acclaim
has been widespread.

Steve Dixon (vocals, lyrics, breaks) cut his musical teeth in an art school
band that included fellow students Marc Almond and Fad Gadget in the line
up. He has also worked with Oakland/ San Francisco industrial death techno
act GGFH, and remixed tracks for doom metallers My Dying Bride. He has also
recorded vocals in Detroit for both John Penn of Q-Bik Muse, and original
Plus 8 Detroit techno star Kenny Larkin.

Brian Moss (keyboards, programming) worked extensively with early Soft Cell
both in the studio and live. As one half of Vicious Pink Phenomena he
co-wrote and released three classic old school high-energy New York dance
floor hits, 'Can't You See', '8.15 to Nowhere/ Space Ship Over There' and
'Fetish'.

DFA's current line up also includes newcomer, nineteen years old Hayley
Windsor (vocals). Paul Bird (guitar) came back to the line up after a
two-year layoff, to contribute to the bands second album for Dreamtime
entitled 'NARCOTICA: THE NEW PORNOGRAPHY'

now, I dont know much about Detroit techno, but I never guessed that there
was a direct Vicious Pink link to both John Penn and Kenny Larkin!!
Now if only I could find the link to Kevin Bacon.

--
sean deason
matrix records