Yeah, I'll keep (BL)URB even though it's coverage of some things, suck. For
example, the new issue with DJ Dan on the cover has a letter to the editor
from someone who says that URB will predictably not cover the historic
Detroit Electronic Music Festival. He wrote, "While you were pulling
pacifiers out of kids' mouths for interviews, Kevin Saunderson, Juan Atkins,
Derrick May, and Richie Hawtin were forcing me to shake my ass." This letter
is then followed by a glib comment from the editor saying, "You know what
they say about assumption; check our coverage of the DEMF on p. 42 -- Ed."
Coverage? When you get to page 42, you see a two page spread of some
pictures and about four small paragraphs written by someone who spends the
first paragraph apologizing that they don't know much about either Detroit
techno or the scene at all.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | "...thita NK;"
"...mechanically reclaimed by autechre..."