Cyclone Wehner wrote:

I am just trying to remember, Moroder did the >soundtrack but I know Queen's Freddie Mercury was >involved - he did that song Love Kills. But Radio Ga Ga definitely used parts of the film Metropolis in the >video clip and was on their LP The Works.

The Metropolis soundtrack, it's quite AOR-type stuff. Very similar to "Scarface" OST, but not that good IMO. Metropolis came a year later than Scarface, so there are obviously similarities. As with his other soundtracks, I prefer the instrumental tracks, they still have that classic Moroder magic. "Machines" is quite handy at
+8 ;).

Anyone know if the tracks "Night drive" and "Palm Springs drive" from American Gigolo OST were released as 12" singles? I know italians did cover versions of them, and remember seeing Night drive as a 7" on some list but... ???

Anyway:
The tracks on Metropolis'84 soundtrack are:

A:
1. Freddie Mercury-Love kills
2. Pat Benatar-Here's my heart
3. Jon Anderson-Cage of freedom