Metropolis happens to be the favorite movie of Kraftwerk. They always thought that their music was cut out for this movie because it completely fell into place with their futuristic visions. At the time they were making the remake Kraftwerk were too busy working on their next album. They really regret having missed that chance.

More info can be found in Tim Barr's 'Kraftwerk, from Dusseldorf to the future' (Check Amazon)

John

From: "Andrew Chuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [313] mills & metropolis
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 20:23:03 +0900

Metropolis is a masterpiece and a great movie to put techno music over the
top of.

For a start, it's a silent movie, so the visual element is designed to tell
the story by itself. Second, the theme being technology lends itself to
techno music.

At a party about 5 years ago in Sydney I played a set while Metropolis was
projected in front of the crowd.

Some tracks that I think go really well together with the movie are:
LFO's 'Tied Up' for a really industrial feel in the early scenes with the
men working the machines. It's visually very rhythmic.

Dopplereffekt's 'I am a scientist' is good during the scenes in Rotwang's
laboratory, and 'Pornostar' when the girl dances in front of the men.

Drexciya's Bubble Metropolis or Waveriders during the Babel tower scene. In
fact, Drexciya with just about any scene in the movie

Kraftwerks Numbers in the fathers office high above the city

UR's Elimination or Final Frontier during the final scenes of flooding and
destruction.

69 Desire in the chase seen to the roof at the conclusion

BTW, there are so many similarities between Metropolis and Bladerunner,
don't get me started.

florian V.II