> "Alexander, Nathaniel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I noticed that the Claude Young DJ Kicks was included in the list. I've met
> with Claude on a number of occasions - he hates that mix - he says he was
> massively restricted in the tracks he could use and that it isn't a true
> representation of his mixing style and anyone who has seen this master will
> agree.

If I recall correctly, what happened was that !K7 approached him about
doing a mix CD, and asked him what kind of cuts he'd want to use
in the mix.  He gave them an informal  list more or less of the top of
his head, and !K7 went ahead and paid to license the tracks without
confirming with him.  As a result, he ended up having to use the
tracks they'd already paid for.

  -d.w.