At 09:19 +0000 20-09-2000, rob webb wrote:
Bumped by Plaid wrote:

The Technotourist 12" is on more of a pure, classical Detroit tip - lots of
square-wave bass and some smooth chords. Also features my favourite TV99AD
track - great to hear this finally on vinyl. If you like the more listenable
(rather than DJ friendly) sound (ie. old B12 etc.), this is a fantastic,
classic sounding 12".

yeah, despite the best efforts of the postman to knacker it (is it me, or should vinyl not be bent double so it can fit thru a letterbox?) i really love this 12".

the 2 tracks on side A (by KJ i think) are in that classic funky smooth Detroit vein that many of us know and love. kinda similar in feel to much of John Tejada's stuff (look out for new Tejada material on de:Focus btw - quality assured!).

the 2 tracks on side B by TV-99-AD are again in that classic Dutch Detroit style. both have a wonderfully languid melancholic vibe. the first track, "Tenth", is def one of my favorite tracks and as Cim says it's great to hear it on vinyl at last (sorry Hans <lowers head in shame>), and with a great cut by Ron Murphy too.

Track A1 is from some friends who recorded for eevolute under the name of East Island, A2 is from the Moderator. I really do like the A1 track, really funky techno and i think that 'koffie is a DJ' is one of the coolest titles for a techno track, but i think you must understand a bit of dutch before you understand why :)

For Simon:
Both EP's (Technotourist and Groundzero) will de released somewhere next week.

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED]