hi all,

 just wanted to let everybody know that this cd is a little screwed up.
i just got it the other day and when i listened to it today on my way to work, i noticed that the track numbers are not correct...somewhere in the begining it shifted...so 9 is actually 10, ect... i'm not sure where they get screwed up yet. also i've noticed that the songs don't seem to have as much bottom end as the records, and sound even harsh sometimes. i think there were some remastering problems. so maybe this will be rare someday...probably not, but artists and music as good as this are rare anyway :)

ksg.

From: Matt MacQueen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Peter T. Bense" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: 313 <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: [313] Le Car - Autiobiography....??
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:09:31 -0500

> Saw this one on the new-release lists and was wondering if anyone out there
> has had a chance to check it out yet.
>
> It says 23 tracks according to the Bent Crayon list and I was wondering if
> anyone know if it was mixed/unmixed or had opinions on the music?

Peter,
This is an EXCELLENT unmixed collection and a great catch-up if you
weren't buying each one as it came out. And even if you were, this is
great collection to have all in one place.  There are also some various
untitled bits full tracks exclusive to the CD release.  If you are into
their overtly synthetic sound, if you like cybotron, Telex, I-f, gary
numan, dopplereffekt, ultravoxx, kraftwerk, early Human League, more
detached (yet funky) electronics with a great flair for new wave, this
is an essential CD.  I was playing selections from this on my radio show
this summer and always got calls asking who it was and how they could
get it.  Even those not into more straight 4/4 techno seem to be
interested in it.  It's definitely a unique twist on where detroit meets
new wave, I think their tag line describes it quite well:  "the
forgotten sounds of tomorrow."

peace
--
Matt MacQueen  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>