On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:38:58 -0400, Oliver Barkovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "this is of course sampled from sergio mendes and the brasil 66.."
>
> It is??  I got that and I can't recall any such banging, smooth latin drum.  I
> think that "Good Girls" sampled  the Goodmen and they inturn sampled a
> Peruvian
> group.

> Am I incorrect?

I was always sure that Carl Craig's "Good Girls" was a remix of The Goodmen's
'Give it Up',
(hence the name "Good Girls") under the Designer Music moniker.  I would have
to plead
ignorance as to where the original sample comes from though - I'm sure someone
out there knows!

By the way, does anyone know if Good Girls is going to appear on Designer Music
Vol. 2, and/or
if either/both volumes are going to be released on vinyl?

Cheers,

Niall.