Go listen to Hawtin's Decks Effex whatever it's called CD, and tracks 11 &
12 have some minor toneshift capability in the mid congas, particularly at
track 12 time 28 seconds when the bass snaps back in (although it only lasts
until good 'ol Ritchie does that awfully boring mix into 13)...

Also, another mix that goes from audible toneshifts (toneshifts that are
actually there) to my version of projective toneshifts, track 7 into 8. On
7, that cute little Latin like piano (my favorite part on the whole CD) has
actual shifting in it (minor/major), then the mix starts at 8, the piano
drops and a girls chant thing starts.  The toneshift really becomes
noticeable after the first little feedback loop that Hawtin does (that weird
sucky noise), and the girl chant come back in, and the chant is toneshifting
(not really switching from minor to major, its just in your head)

Now this second one (7-8) is a common effect I know, where the ear is used
to hearing something and when that something disappears, the ear seems to
still hear it, I just wanted to point that out as to its general sound in my
head...

The first mix I talk of is a real toneshift, BUT it's really faint, and
perhaps even impossible to hear for I could have trained myself to easily
hear it.  There are much better examples, but I choose to point this out
because everyone and there mom has this CD...

darw_n

"create, demonstrate, toneshift..."
http://www.mp3.com/darw_n
http://www.sphereproductions.com/topic/Darwin.html