Techno Unit 30 Audiochrome
InternationalAudiochrome Inc.
Approaching utter two-lane blacktop anonymity, Larry Kucharz’s pure Techno
project paradoxically has ten times more ‘personality’ than most CD’s here.
To add insult to injury, two of it’s (best) tracks are remixes of a 1970s
piano work and a 1982 computer work.  It’s not hard to discern the ripples
of a flexible and reflexive ‘intelligence’ behind the apparent Same of
Kucharz’s audiochromatics: block grid artwork, track ‘titles’ reduced to
progressive markers of the same Repeat(“U301”>”309”) Beat; a musical tenor
which echoes Blanchot’s phrase “ the interruption of the incessant”.  This is
the second column in a row where I’ve had my Tekno prejudices flattened, and
I’ll be re-searching Kucharz’s full-spectrum back catalog pronto.   in brief
electronica Ian Penman The Wire
also
"Unit 25: Dark Red" is a triumphant computer music achievement by Larry
Kucharz.  He has created some minimalist funereal atmospheres that generate
introspection.  Each composition is titled a shade of red preceded by "dark."
 The funereal images are dark, almost satanic.  They are frightening.  This
is Halloween ambience.
Jim Brenholts - from his soon to be published book

available from BACKROADS MUSIC       toll free (800) 767-4748
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]             website: backroadsmusic.com
available from Hypnos   http://www.hypnos.com/Merchant/merchant.mv

Visit the  International Audiochrome  Website at
http://www.hypnos.com/kucharz.htm