Actually there are no specific "anti-rave" laws like Chicago's, there's a draconian police force though. Although enforcement is very inconsistent, depending on what precinct the party is in, who happens to be patrolling that night, and whether or not the Chief of Police has a hard on for parties that week. He's been pretty busy fending off calls for his resignation lately, though.

I just got booked to play a "rave" in Detroit, but I hear that there are
very tight "raving" laws there.  Any input?

Also, is Richard Harvey really Ritchie Hawtin?  I ask this because when I
was listening to de9 on that new Microsoft player, the whole first half was
either Ritchie, Richard or Jeff according to the track titles on the
player...

thanks,

darw_n

"create, demonstrate, toneshift..."