> The reason people are not coming to the club anymore is because detroit
> is not making music that is so vibrant and irresistible that people feel
> they need to be at our gigs. Detroit needs to go back to Deep Space and
> bring something back that is so out there that people will go nuts for
> it.

I dont know, i have to disagree.  Everytime I start thinking that Detroit
Techno has become monotonous, and following the same old patterns, I see
something, or hear something that totally reminds me why I am proud to be
a Detroiter.  For example, the first time I heard "jaguar," the first time
I saw T-1000 spin, the first time I heard Red Planet, the first time I
heard "Changes of Life," Kevin Sandurson's last set at Motor- I was moved
and inspired on different levels each time. I knew Detroit had not only
the rich musical History, but has the abilty to progress, and make music
that can not only be appreciated by Ekko Thugs, and Kandi Kids, but by
Detroits own Techno elitists.

Also keep in mind that there are hunderds of thousands of kids in the
Detroit are and millions across the world who know nothing about our
music, and once they are exposed to it, are completely changed.  To some
of us, this "old school" sound is still completly new, and we cant get
enough of it.

One of the reasons why I am so into the music here though is its great
diversity.  Just look at labels like Transmat, Planet E, Underground
Resistance, Axis, Pure Sonik, Minus, Red Planet, Direct Beat, 430 West,
Purpose Maker etc.  There are a good 4 or 5 differnt styles of Electronic
Music right there, but due to the fact that they are all made in Detroit,
we just call them all "techno."  Our music is always evolving and
constantly changing yet still keeping that soul, that funk that this town
was built on.

Sorry if this comes off as too cheesey, but this is a debate I constanty
get in with trance and house fans, so its easy for me to just rant.

        -christos