My opinion?  Moodymann's set was sloppy, self indulgent and
            >somehow  .... interesting, for the first 20 mins.
            >Plus, i thought
            >his c. 1982 Prince-isms behind the mic were
            >pretty funny. But I expected something tighter.

Tell me you didnt expect a set that fit together like a puzzle. i think KDJ is one of the best dj's out there. I find your use of the word sloppy disrespectful. Kenny gives you what you dont expect to hear. god forbid his tracks didnt fit together like a Jeff Mills set..
Ill take "shades of Jae" over "The Bells" any day.

Some folks i spoke to afterwards hated the show,
though. One said it was overall so sloppy in execution
that its no wonder Americans ( I'm assuming my friend
who made this comment was referring to the US record
buying public) don't take 313 music/artists seriously.

So sloppy in execution? what did they think it was a gymnastics meet?
Its no wonder that people like that make comments like that when they come to events like that and expect to see an MTV stage show. Maybe next time carl or kenny play we could ask the NYC ballet to dance around them to mask the "sloppiness" and help out their execution.

Vez